I’m trying something new this year. Instead of making a long list of New Year’s Resolutions (I think I made like 15 of them last year and kept a grand total of none of them) I am going to try an Un-resolution. I first heard about My One Word (the Un-resolution) on the Eric and Mandy show on Air 1, a radio station my family listens to quite a bit. The idea behind My One Word is that you select a single word to define the new year. After thinking taking the first week of the 2012 to reflect a little, I chose the word “Increase” as My One Word.
Why increase? Well, as I mentioned in my last post, I feel like I got a little overwhelmed and lazy the last half of last year. I didn’t write or blog nearly as much as I wanted, wasn’t working out, wasn’t even working around the house as much as I should have been. However, this is a new year and my focus is going to be on increasing my work in a number of areas. Some things I would like to increase in 2012 include:
- Work outs – getting back on track as well as increasing time and intensity
- Writing – increase my number of blog posts as well as increasing my lesson writing
- Involvement – increase my participation in youth group activities and increase support of my Sunday School girls in their high school extracurricular activities
- Improvements around the house – increase my time spent on organization, cleaning, and household improvements
- Reading and Games with the family – increase the amount of time we spend on these activities as a family
The best part of choosing the word “Increase” as My One Word? If I gain weight this year, I can still claim victory since the numbers on the scale will have “increased”!