**This is an entry from my old blog from June 24. I think it is the best place to begin my new blog. It gives a little detail about why we are doing what we are doing. I will be filling in the gaps this week and throughout the summer.
Wow. What a journey these last 6 weeks have been. Sitting here in my (mostly) quiet living room, I can’t believe where God has lead our family. Let me recap…
On April 7, my husband was offered a position teaching high school English in Shreveport, Louisiana through the Louisiana Teaching Fellows program. Of course, this offer was contingent on him passing two exams. So, he immediately began to study while I started getting our house ready for sale. Part of this preparation included painting pretty much every room in our house white – as you may have noticed in pictures I have posted here, we aren’t really white-wall people. However, we were more than willing to neutralize our walls in an effort to sell our house. On April 24 my husband took his exams and felt God had given him the wisdom needed to pass. So, on April 26 we put our house on the market.
Most of this month has been spent shopping for a second car (we have been a 1 car family for a year now), making plans for the move south, and cleaning and preparing for showings of our house. We have had 6 showings so far, but we are still waiting on God’s perfect time to sell our house.
Last week we received the results from my husband’s tests. The Lord brought him through both exams with passing grades. That made it official – we are moving to Louisiana.
I have been (relatively) faithful at keeping a journal of our experiences, being careful to document each instance where we have felt God’s leading us down this path. I have not decided if I am going to share part or all of this journal on my blog. That decision will remain for another day.
That brings us to today. Today was the hardest day of all. Today was the day my husband left for Louisiana. He has meetings and interviews and preparations for his training institute, which starts June 3. He also has to find a place for us to live and find a new church home for our family.
The children and I stayed behind in Michigan, for now. This was not an easy decision, but we felt it was for the best. Our two older children have church camp in June and we really wanted them to have this last chance to go away with their friends. Plus, they have been working so hard on their camp scholarship activities that we didn’t want them to miss out. While my husband and I spent many hour in prayer making this decision, this morning was one of the most painful of my life. Watching my husband pull out of our driveway and knowing it will be several weeks before I see him again. As you can imagine, it was also hard on our children, who have never been apart from their father for more than a few days at a time.
We are resting in the grace and comfort of our Lord right now. As we continue to prepare to move I intend to return to my faithful blog postings. I still have homeschool updates to post, Home Economics lessons to share, and other musings from family as we prepare to make this major change in our lives.
It’s good to be back!